California VOAD Communications Project
Phase 1 Grant Application
On January 17, 2012, CaliforniaVolunteers awarded Lutheran Social Services of Northern California (LSS) a grant to support the development of a statewide VOAD communications sytem. Links to key project documents are listed below. For a quick project overview, see the Revised Statement of Work .
- Grant Application . November 30, 2011.
- Answers to Questions from Caifornia Volunteers . December 7, 2011.
- Project Roles and Responsibilities . December 14, 2011.
- Revised Statement of Work . Updated January 3, 2012.
- Revised Budget. January 10, 2012.
- Grant Agreement. January 17, 2012
- Project Schedule. Revised March 9, 2012.
Phase 1 Deliverables
This project produced the deliverables (work products) listed below. These documents will be rolled out to local VOAD associations in the second half of 2012.
|1||Protocols and procedures for the association to provide information to CaliforniaVolunteers regarding member agencies’ activities in disaster events in both response and recovery operations.||The first and second deliverables were integrated into a single set of procedures and forms .||4/25/2012|
|2||Detailed strategies and procedures for increased inter-organizational coordination and reporting in times of disaster between association members and other entities, including Cal EMA and other stakeholders.|
|3||State VOAD web pages to increase member collaboration, communication, and the sharing of best practices.||This website||Current.|
|4||A work plan for a web-based Collaborative Disaster Resource Directory that will catalog members’ assets, serve as a mutual aid tool for use during catastrophic events or events that cross county lines, and identify procedures for listed organizations to request mutual aid and track allocation of resources.|| CDRD Work Plan
(a) Narrative plan (PDF)
(b) Task schedule (online)
Phase 2 Grant Application
On April 9, 2012, CaliforniaVolunteers awarded LSS a grant to support Phase 2 of the project. This phase will implement the deliverables developed during the first phase. Key project documents include:
- Grant Application. March 27, 2012.
- Application Supplement. Includes responses to questions from CaliforniaVolunteers. April 6, 2012.
- Phase 2 Grant Approval. April 9, 2012
- Scope of Work. Includes just the description of the deliverables and the timeline. April 9, 2012.
- Revised Scope of Work. Updated June 27, 2012.